The West Virginia Soccer Association is proud to host the West Virginia Development League (WVDL) for the Spring 2015 season.
The WV Development League is designed to be a state-wide development tool for club teams and academies to provide match-level experience to assist with the development of its players.
The league's spring season will run April 3 - May 31, 2015 and will be open to all U9 thru U11 boys and girls club teams (U9/U10 will play 6v6 and U11 teams will play 8v8). If U12 teams wish to compete in a league, they must compete in the West Virginia Country Roads State League.
The WVDL will consist of 8 league matches. There will be two regional league play dates (April 11-12 and May 9-10) at regional sites across the state (two matches will be played on either the Saturday or Sunday of each weekend listed) as well as four self scheduled local matches. The WVDL will schedule all matchups within each age division.
The league fee will be $150 per team. To register, you will use the online system with payment due online or you may mail a check to WVSA. The registration link is:
For out of state teams, click here to download a registration form.
- Deadline: Friday, March 27, 2015 (Late registrations may be accepted w/ permission)
- Drop Date w/ Refund: Tuesday, March 31, 2015 at 5pm (via email)
- Referee Fees: Split between the both teams – Center: $36 and ARs: $26 each.
- Standings: Kept by WVSA and distributed to team officials. No public display of standings or results by WVSA.
- Championship/Awards: No championship match will be played and no awards will be given.
If you have any questions, contact Marcus Cole, WVDL Commissioner, at 304-382-5350 or email email@example.com.
Official League Rules of Competition (updated 12/4/14)
How To Secure Referees For Your Self-Scheduled Matches
How To Report Your Score To League
Codes Of Conduct For Coaches, Players and Parents
Directions To Field Locations
*Map for Field #1 and Field #2 at Glendale Park in Elkins, WV
2014 Certified Referee Assignor List (updated 8/30/14)